3 Beauty Hacks to Treat Yourself With
We all know being a mom is no easy task — there’s kids to feed, errands to run, homework assignments to help complete — the list goes on and on … Motherhood is essentially a full-time job. That’s why it’s time to take care of yourself for a change, and we’ve got the perfect beauty tricks that’ll make it extra easy.
From a body scrub to a hair mask, each of these Yogurt Beauty Hacks only require a few ingredients and will be your skin and hair savior for the winter season. They make up the ultimate relaxation package for mom life — because at the end of the day, you deserve it!
- Honey & Yogurt Face Mask
Give your skin a major detox with this simple two ingredient face mask. The yogurt will moisturize and hydrate your skin, while the honey brightens it — a great refresh during the summers!
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt, plain whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix yogurt and honey together.
- Apply the mask to your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe it off with warm water and a washcloth.
- Oat & Yogurt Body Scrub
If your skin has been feeling extra dry this season, this DIY scrub is for you — the oats exfoliate while the yogurt hydrates.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, plain whole milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- In a bowl, mix yogurt and oats together.
- Apply the scrub to your body, then wipe it away with a warm, moist towel to exfoliate.
- For added benefit, place your hands and/or feet in the bowl to soak for 15-20 minutes. Then remove.
- Egg & Yogurt Hair Mask
Hair out of control? Use a conditioning hair mask that will leave your locks silky smooth and help you manage frizz. As a bonus, add lemon juice to reduce dryness and flakiness.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain whole milk
- 1/2 a lemon (optional)
- Whisk egg, then mix in with the yogurt. Optional: add in lemon juice.
- Apply the hair mask in sections, focusing on the roots. Then comb through to the ends.
- Massage your scalp to spread the mask.
- Pull hair into a bun and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash out the mask with a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo.