By Nudrat Mustafa
Music comes from within, and it is a way from musicians to communicate their thoughts, desires, and feelings. To have an understanding of music and what it is, Social Diary got hold of Soch the Band, Adnan Dhool and Rabi Ahmed, to discuss music and much more with them!
1. How was your band formed?
Adnan Dhool formed this band nearly 10 years back since he wanted to create thoughtful music and was looking for an appropriate partner, and that later was formed including Rabi Ahmed
1. What is behind the name ‘Soch’? Who suggested it? Why?
The vision behind this name is our Soch and by its name it’s obvious that it’s all about the thoughts that form in our minds considering mostly social issues prevailing in our society And yes it also include love, friendships and relationships, this name was kept by Adnan
2. According to you, what factors contribute to a band’s success?
It’s all about unity and the trust in your music and sound and to stick to the style of it always
3. In past, we have seen many famous bands breaking up. What makes you guys stick together?
Well we agree to disagree, most of all respecting each other’s views, space and job is the key to stay together
4. What’s your favourite song from your own albums?
We have no album yet, but we’ve released more than 30 songs out of which our favorites are Awari, Bandeya and Bol hoo
5. What was your favourite music video to make? Why?
It was Dhola because we had introduced a model from the transgender community, giving her a chance to come forward and prove her skill like any other model
6. What was your weirdest and/or craziest fan moment?
Adnan: so this girl saw me in Islamabad, I was sitting in my car to get back to Lahore and she all the way followed me to Lahore just to get a hug, it was sweet to me
Rabi: there is this girl who from the past 6 years sends me gifts on my birthday and Valentine’s Day and I have no idea who she is since she has never mentioned it, there’s just a sign that she mentions every time to let me know it’s her
7. Do you guys have any unique backstage rituals?
You might find it funny but we have a habit if reciting Darud-e-Pak before we get on the stage
8. If you could collaborate with anybody, dead or alive, who would it be? Why?
Would love to collaborate with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan sahab and the reasons are obvious
1. What’s the weirdest rumour about the band that made you guys go “WHAAA?!”
People call us arrogant and till date we haven’t understood that how can someone call us that before meeting us since none of us is of that sort
9. Any plans of ‘Nation-wide Tour’?
We’re doing it already
1. What can we expect from your new album?
We don’t have any plans of releasing an album since there isn’t any trend left but yes we are working on our singles
10. Do you have any advice for future boy bands?
Stick to your sound, try not to follow anyone and try to create your own sound
11. How do you manage a reasonable balance between work and family life?
We have a divided time for work and family as we realize that family is as important as work
12. Your message to your fans through the platform of Social Diary Magazine.
Please try to support your own music, your own Pakistani music industry first, and always remember to look for talented people since this country is full of them, support them and bring them forward