By Nudrat Mustafa
An accomplished model, Anam Malik is a balanced combination of genetic good looks, talent and hard work. Join Social Diary to get to know her journey and how she came to fashion industry.
- Please tell us about your background; dob, family, siblings education, etc.
I have 4 siblings; my mother is a housewife and my dad runs house business. I am a graduate.
- Usually families have lots of reservations about entertainment industry. How did your family react to the news of you entering the field?
I belong to a very conservative family but my mom always took stand for me because she wanted a girl to grow and experience the world it was not easy but I was fortunate that everyone accepted it.
- What inspired you to join the fashion/modelling industry?
The inspiration was the art of presenting the beauty and fashion. Always loved designed cloths.
- What are the pros and cons of being famous at such a young age?
When people acknowledge you and your work it’s a good feeling to be famous and also a responsibility to maintain what people love you for. There are no cons to it I guess.
- What do you enjoy most about your work?
I love every bit of it because I work wholeheartedly and give my best every day. I respect my job and love to be photographed artistically.
- Any plans to do a movie?
Honestly I never plan anything & if I get a good script, why not.
- If yes, what sparks your interest for working in movies?
Art films always inspired me and it sparks to see myself work in an art film. Like: Manto & cake.
- Please share something about your upcoming project?
Some editorial fashion shoots are coming up soon.
- Can you talk about a fan encounter that completely took you by surprise?
That was in a store in Dubai there were 2 girls from India came up to me and said we follow you on Instagram and love you & your work. That was the best encounter for me.
- When you’re not busy with your work, how do you relax?
I love watching TV that the best me time I have when I’m free.
- On what do you spend the most: clothes, accessories, perfumes or anything else?
Cloths and accessories
- Do you eat nutritiously? How often do you exercise or go to the gym?
Yes I try to eat healthy and go to the gym regularly.
- Any fun fact about you that people are not aware of?
When I laugh I literally LOL I get fits of laughter.
- Quick choose round:
- Organic or Junk food?
- IPhone or Samsung?
- Facebook or Instagram?
- Karachi or Lahore?
- Day person or night owl?
- Cats or dogs?
- Book or movie?
- What advice you would like to give to the aiming models that look up to you as their inspiration?
To be patient and stay focused that’s how you will achieve your goals. There are no shortcuts!
- Any message to your fans through the platform of social diary magazine?
Hello to all my fans I love you all.