This great tropical flavoured Coconut, Pineapple Thai Fried Rice is incredibly delicious and this fantastic recipe is a keeper! It’s a treat for your taste buds. This dish is perfect for small get together or on a lazy weekend where you don’t have to work too hard to cook something delicious.
• 500g Basmati Rice
• 400ml Coconut Milk
• 250g Pineapple chunks
• 2-3 tbsp. Thai Red Curry paste
• 150g Lightly roasted cashew nuts
• 1 Onion finely chopped
• 1 tbsp. Ginger-garlic Puree
• small bunch Spring onion chopped
• 200g Steamed Mixed vegetables ( carrots, green peas, green beans, corn)
• Salt to taste
• half tsp. Black Pepper Powder
• 1 tsp. Red chilli flakes
• 1 tsp. Soy sauce
• 1 tbsp. Lime Juice
• 2-3 tbsp. Fresh coriander leaves
• 2-3 tbsp. Coconut or any other oil
1. Wash rice under water till water runs clean and set aside to soak for half an hour or more. Bring it to boil 200 ml water and coconut milk on a gentle heat. Once coconut mixture starts boiling add rice. Keep the heat on medium. Cover the lid and cook the rice on a low heat and cook as you would do regular rice.
2. Once rice is done, leave to cool and leave it whole night in a refrigerator. Once you are ready to fry the rice, heat oil in a wok or pan. Add onion and ginger-garlic paste. Add steamed vegetables and stir for a couple of minutes. Add roasted cashew nuts and white parts of spring onions.
3. Now add red curry paste, soy sauce, salt, black pepper powder and red chilli flakes. Stir everything and add pineapple chunks. Then add cooked rice, mix everything well. Add lime juice, mix once again. Cook the rice couple of minute but make sure rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. Turn off the heat; garnish the rice with the fresh coriander and green parts of spring onion. Serve hot with extra wedges of lime.