Make these delicious Palak Pakoras for a tea time snack and serve it along with mint chutney and adrak chai. Made in a kuzhi paniyaram pan using just enough oil to make the pakoras crisp and delicious
Three/fourth cup Gram flour
One/fourth cup Rice flour
1 cup Spinach, chopped
1 Onion , finely chopped
1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic, grated
1 inch Ginger, grated
1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
1/4 teaspoon Enos fruit salt
1/4 teaspoon SSP Asafoetida
Salt , to taste
Chaat Masala Powder, for sprinkling
- To begin making the palak pakora recipe, first prep all the ingredients and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gram flour, rice flour, spinach, onion, green chili, garlic, ginger, fennel seeds, Asafoetida and salt.
- To the bowl, add and a little water to make a smooth and thick batter of coating consistency.
- Heat a Kuzhi paniyaram pan over medium heat, add 1/2 teaspoon of oil in each of the cavities of the pan.
- Spoon a tablespoon of Palak Pakora batter into each of the cavities and pan fry until browned and crisp, flip on the other side and cook as well.
- Serve the Palak Pakora with Mint Chutney and Adrak chai for a tea time snack during monsoons.