By Nudrat Mustafa
Everybody loves Fiza- and what’s not to adore about the lovely actress? A lot of us have watched her on our screens in our as well as her formative years and she has only become more graceful and enigmatic with time. Social Diary talks to Fiza…
- Tell us about your background.
We are from Lucknow and are Urdu speaking.
- When did you decide to enter the entertainment field? Being a TV artist was always in your mind?
I was very young and I seriously decided to enter the industry when I was around 14, entering 15. My first serial was Mehndi and at that time I was in School.
- If you are asked to choose either hosting or acting, what would you select and why?
I love both equally. However, hosting is more liked by me as it takes less time.
- You have worked a lot, can you tell which project you enjoyed the most? Why?
I loved ‘Tum Ho k Chup’ and ‘Love, Life, Lahore’ because these are the most difficult characters I did and got amazing feedback. ‘Love, Life, Lahore’ was a script by Khalil-ur-Rehman and it was my dream to do that. It was a wonderful character, not typical cry-baby kind of, and everyone loves doing such pleasant characters. ‘Tum Ho K Chup’ was a character of a Balochi girl; directed by Haseeb Hassan, also one of my favourite director.
- Any plans of working for cinema?
I got offers to appear in films as guest appearances and items songs which I certainly do not want to do. Syed Noor offered me to work in a Punjabi film but since I am not good with speaking Punjabi so I feel I will jeopardize someone else’s right, who knows the language better than me, to work in that.
- Where do you see yourself in near future?
I like to take a break. I do not want to see myself on every channel, in every play. I want to work less and probably I will be taking a few months break sometime soon.
- What are your upcoming projects as an actor? What is most exciting about them?
Yes I am working on a project called ‘Zainab Zinda Hay’. It’s a project based on recent sad killing of an innocent baby girl Zainab. I am looking forward to it.
- You are a mommy to an adorable baby girl. How do you maintain a balance between your work and your personal life?
I have some ‘hikmat’ in my hands, which is the basic ingredient. I don’t diet, instead my exercise and yoga keeps me fit and active.
- What is your secret of remaining in shape?
I do not get jealous, I love positivity, share love, duas and kind acts are the open secret of remaining in shape.
- Funniest question you have been asked ever.
People know that I am married, still some ask me will you marry me?
- Who was your celebrity crush that you are ashamed of now?
Vinod Khanna, he is not alive now but he was my crush.
- What is the most absurd thing you have read about yourself on the internet?
‘Do not know what she is eating; she is getting younger day by day’! Haha!
- What do you notice the most in the other person?
I notice whether the other person is a liar or no and secondly I am an admirer of beauty, whether it’s about men or women.
- What’s the one word or phrase you use the most?
‘Kia Kahaani ha yar?’ ‘Yaar Kahaani ho gayee hay!’
- If there is something missing in your life, it is…..
My mother-that’s it.
- Biggest goal for 2018…
I never plan so I do not know any such goals.
- Your biggest turn off?
Lies and showing off.
- Three strange things about you?
I clean my house, my car myself and I am a good cook too.
- Tell us 2 advices that you would like to give to the aspiring models/actors.
I would like to suggest them to straighten up their bodies while sitting and walking even. You should remain humble always.