This vegetable soup recipe is packed full of healthy veggies and flavor! With carrots, celery, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes and kidney beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion(chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 celery ribs (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (cut into 1 inch or smaller pieces)
- 1 cup zucchini (cut into 1 inch or smaller pieces)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- half teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (including juices)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 15 oz can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the carrots, celery, cauliflower, zucchini, basil, oregano, salt, bay leaf, diced tomatoes and vegetable stock. Stir up, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the carrots and celery are soft.
- Stir in the kidney beans and enjoy! Don’t forget to pull out the bay leaf before serving.