What You Need
- 3eggs , yolks and whites separated
- 1/2cup caster sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz / 250g mascarpone(Cream Cheese)
- 1 1/4cups hot espresso coffee
- 5 oz / 200g (24 – 30) biscuits
- Cocoa, for dusting
- Beat yolks and sugar in stand mixer on medium high for 12 minutes or until white and thick.
- Add vanilla and mascarpone, beat until just combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl, set aside.
- Clean bowl and whisk. Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold 1/3 of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Then gradually fold the remaining yolk mixture in and mix until just combined.
- Mix coffee in water. Quickly dip biscuits in and line the bottom of a 8”/20cm square dish.
- Spread over half the cream, then top with another layer of coffee dipped biscuits.
- Spread with remaining cream.
- Cover, refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight
- Dust with cocoa powder just before serving – either before you cut or after placing onto serving plates.