I hope that I have been able to do justice to my character in ‘Ho Man Jahaan’
One of television’s busiest actors today, Sheheryar Munawar is known for his ability to effectively play both optimistic and positive characters and for his professionalism, dedication and commitment. Thanks to a hopeful outlook and his cheerful nature, he continues to gain popularity in the industry as well as amongst Pakistani and international audiences like he won Hum Award for Best Television Sensation Male. In an exclusive interview, for the Pakistan Observer’s Sunday weekly Social Diary, he talks about his looks, acting, Pakistani & Indian cinema, the casting couch and his current project.
- How was the experience of working in ‘Ho Maan Jahann’?
It was wonderful and fun working for ‘Ho Maan Jahaan’ and it is my first film. I got to learn a lot of new things and I am looking forward to it.
- Your acting stint in every drama & movie is so amazing. Do you think you’ve done an equally good job in your recent film Ho Man Jahan?
I hope that I have been able to do justice to my character and we hope that we do a good job. It’s for the audience to judge not me.
- ‘Ho Man Jahan’ is the movie in which you worked with much passion and reflects to a perfect youth of our society. Any difficulties you have faced?
The difficulty was that, we knew there is no perfect youth and there are different people with different issues and we hope that we were able to show regular people that the audiences could relate to.
- With only few dramas and film, you’ve become a major name in Pakistani Cinematic Industry. What is the reason behind that?
Ma ki dua, Jannat ki hawa. Hahahahha!
- What is your family life like? Have they given a lot of moral support to perform in showbiz?
My family is very supportive and they have been very caring in whatever I do. They are very happy for me.
- Your perfect Sunday?
A day with my family and a day out with my close friends. I also don’t mind lots of sleep and to get in some time to read a book.
- As now you are so popular and known to be a superstar in film industry, so do you wish sometimes, that lets be that old ordinary Sheheryar again?
There is nothing extra ordinary about it I am not really that famous.
- Do you find it easy to memorize your lines?
I never had issues with that.
- As you do acting in dramas & movies, so what difference you see in both sectors?
Films have better production value and you have better time to perform and prepare, plus there is more attention paid to films.
- Three secrets behind your fitness?
6 to 7 hours of sleep every night.
Three timely meals a day
- If you weren’t the artiste, what would you have been?
I would be batman.
- What makes you impatient?
Ineficiente in people and processors.
- What are your leisure time activities?
- Your fans would love to know about your future plans and projects. What’s new for Shehryar Munavar?
A little bit of mystery is always more interesting…
- How do you CELEBRATE your victories?
With my close friends and family.
- When are you happiest?
When I get time with my family.
“Films have better production value and you have better time to perform and prepare, plus there is more attention paid to films.”
“It was wonderful and fun working for my upcoming film as it is my first one. I got to learn a lot of new things and I am looking forward to it…”