“I try to bring something new to every character I play…”
One of television’s busiest actors today, Mansha Pasha, is known for her ability to effectively play both optimistic and pessimistic characters and for her professionalism, dedication and commitment. Thanks to a hopeful outlook and her cheerful nature, Mansha continues to gain popularity in the industry as well as amongst Pakistani and international audience. In an exclusive interview, for the Pakistan Observer’s Sunday weekly Social Diary, she talks about her looks, acting, Pakistani cinema, the casting couch and her in hand projects.
- How did you make your way into the acting? Did you ever take any acting classes?
I did my bachelor’s in film making which basically covered all aspects like screenwriting, cinematography, directing and, of course, acting as well. I even took a theatre workshop where I had constructed and painted the sets!
- Your working stints in every drama are simply an amazing. So how this natural acting comes out of you?
It’s something you can’t learn but like any other skill you can hone it and make it better with time. I try to bring something new to every character I play.
- Do you think training is important, or a raw talent good enough?
Depends from person to person. I think some training can help but if you aren’t a good actor no amount of training can make you a good one just like a tone deaf person may want singing lessons but it’s very rare that such a person will be a good singer. Some talents are just God given and you can do your part to make them better.
- As you are so polished in acting, so why don’t you prefer Bollywood platform?
I wouldn’t do anything unless I was completely convinced in my reasons for doing so. If a good role comes along down the road that will be the right time to make the decision. Right now, I’m just enjoying doing what I am doing…
- You have started your career from modeling first, and then came into acting;, so which one do you find will give you more support in achieving your goals in future?
I think both stand side by side. Modeling is a lot about being in your own person where as acting, is being someone else altogether. I enjoy both in different ways.
- First of all many congrats to you for being married happily, is there a lot of support for you and your goals from your husband? Plus with having a hectic schedule, is it easy to run your career after marriage as before?
You have to juggle your responsibilities but women are multi-talented and can multi-task quite well.
- Do you find it easy to memorize your lines?
Sometimes it can be difficult depending on the character but usually I’m quite good with lines!
- How do you feel when your fans recognize you and want to talk to you or take your autograph?
It feels nice that they have seen my work and enjoyed it.
- Most typical Pakistani thing about you?
I think one shouldn’t spend days like Eid or Independence Day just sitting at home or sleeping. I love celebrations so I usually get up and change and go out to meet people on these festive holidays!
- Your mentor/ inspiration?
- Have you ever felt any favoritism from the male audience, considering they know you’re already in a relationship?
Lol. Well you will have to ask them.
- Your fans haven’t seen you in movies yet? Why is that so?
I haven’t gotten the right offer.
- Your fans would love to know about your future plans and projects. What’s next for Mansha Pasha?
A couple of things in the pipe-line that should hopefully be different and exciting!
For the love of Mansha’s personal choice:
- The role you haven’t done yet and would love to do is?
- Three secrets behind your fitness?
Don’t eat after 11pm.
- Any celeb crushes?
Lol too many to count.
- Favorite cuisine?
- Your perfect Sunday?
Sitting at home or going to the beach, watching a movie or listening to music. Alone or with friends. Anything relaxing and not strenuous.
- Most daring thing you have done?
Haven’t done many daring things as yet. I would like to go bunjee jumping someday.
- Favorite co-star?
Anyone who is a good actor and makes the scene exciting and come alive.
- How do you CELEBRATE your victories?
I thank God for them and appreciate them and be grateful for them as much as I can.
- When are you happiest?
When I am surrounded by the people I love or when I am traveling or doing something exciting and meeting new people.
- What do you value most: Love, appreciation, or money?
I value honesty, integrity and kindness.
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
You’re a great actress by many people. It’s always the best compliment.
- What makes you impatient?
- Addicted to?
“Modeling is a lot about being in your own person where as acting is being someone else altogether. I enjoy both in different ways.”
“You have to juggle your responsibilities but women are multi-talented and can multi-task quite well…”