For Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar syryp
- Water 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cup
- Green cardamom 2-3
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Waterlukewarm 2-3 tbs
- (Sugar) 1 tsp
- Instant yeast ½ tsp
- Flour 1 cup
- Orange Food color 1 tsp or as required
- Ghee melted 1 tbs
- Gram flour 1 tbs
- Water as required
- Ghee for frying
For Sugar syrup:
- In pot, add water, sugar and green cardamom, mix it and cook until syrup thickens.
- In the end, add lemon juice, stir well and set aside.
- Syrup is ready.
- Timings are very important in this recipe.
- Yeast fermentation required 15 minutes.
After making Jalebi batter let it sit for maximum10 minutes, texture will be slightly changed.
- Never leave batter for long and do not store it. Use batter within 10-15 minutes.
- Dip jalebis in warm sugar syrup immediately after frying.
- In lukewarm water, add sugar and instant yeast, mix & let it sit for 15 minutes.
- In bowl add flour, orange food color, ghee melted, gram flour, yeast mixture, water and make a batter of desired consistency. Let it rest for 10 minutes and consume immediately (within 10-15 minutes).
- Now pour this batter in the sneezing bottle.
- In frying pan, heat ghee and squeeze the bottle and make centric rings with the batter.
- When one side is cooked, turn over and fry the other side.
- After frying, immediately put the fried jalebis in the sugar syrup. The sugar syrup should be slightly warm when you add jalebis in it.
- Turn over after a minute so that both sides are coated with the syrup.
- Keep them in the sugar syrup for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove jablebis with the help of tong and shake lightly so that excess sugar syrup.
- Jalebi is ready to serve.