Let’s give this one a try and see how it turns out…
By: Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee
- 1 ib. meat, beef or mutton (chops) a slice of mutton containing a rib
- 11/2 mixed vegetables (potatoes, carrots, peas, onions, turnips. tomatoes each 4 ozs.)
- a little mint
- 1 in. ginger
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pepper(quarter teaspoon pepper)
- Cut the meat into small pieces and put up to stew,(to boil slowly) with a little water, and with mint, ginger (whole) and spice.cardamom (whole),cinnamon, cloves(whole pepper).
- Keep the onions whole (small onions), cut the potatoes into two and carrots round, and tomatoes into small pieces.
- When the meat is half cooked, add cleaned and cut vegetables (carrots, that take long to cook, should be added with the meat).
- When the meat and vegetables are ready, add salt to taste. Mix 4 ozs of milk with 1 tablespoon of fine flour.
- When the meat is ready take pan off fire, add the milk already mixed with flour, and then add 1 oz. of butter.
- Put back onto the fire and simmer for five minutes. When serving, sprinkle a little pepper on top if wanted.