Nimra Khan – Actress/Model
Join Social Diary, as we get to know Nimra Khan, a heartthrob and leading actress!
- Tell us about your background.
I am the only one in the family who is in media; both of my parents are into business.
- When did you decide to enter the entertainment field? Being a TV artist was always in your mind?
While in Indus Valley, I completed my bachelors in film making, always wanted to direct films but then I got an offer from the drama industry.
- If you are asked to choose either hosting or acting, what would you select and why?
I’ll choose acting because anybody can act it only takes exploring new roles but in hosting it’s all about spontaneous mind.
- You have worked a lot, can you tell which project you enjoyed the most? Why?
My most favourite experience was working in a drama called ‘Noori’ because that character was dedicated to sports and I loved that, enjoyed it thoroughly.
- Tell us your experience of working for silver screen? Any plans of working more for cinema?
It was definitely a great experience although we all knew it lacked somewhere but yes I’ve some restrictions working on silver screen like some scenes in which I’m not comfortable, it is a bit uncomfortable, otherwise I’m really looking forward to work for our cinema.
- If yes, what would be your main considerations before accepting a role?
I personally love some really challenging and different characters.
- Where do you see yourself in near future?
Planning something in singing Insha’Allah, my music will be out in some days and coke studio is the aim.
- What are your upcoming projects as an actor? What is most exciting about them?
Basically I love travelling, so due to that I work a little less. But something is around the corner as I am shooting in September. So something is up!
- What is your secret of remaining in shape?
I had an accident due to which complete bed rest increased my weight, I loosed it and it’s all about working hard to bring your body into shape.
- Funniest question you have been asked ever.
When people ask, “you work for television” and then they say ‘we don’t watch TV’
- Who was your celebrity crush that you are ashamed of now?
Never had such an experience but if we talk about celebrity crush then it’s Mikaal Zulfhikar and nothing more like ashamed or something.
- What is the most absurd thing you have read about yourself on the internet?
When I had an accident, I heard people making false and absurd news like I died. I laughed on that news a lot, like see I am still alive.
- What do you notice the most in the other person?
Umm, I guess the way of talking, the sense of humour.
- What’s the one word or phrase you use the most?
That should be ‘umm’ haha!
- If there is something missing in your life, it is…..
I cannot run due to the injury in my leg and that lead to missing my squash game. I miss it!
- Biggest goal for upcoming years…
My parents want me to sing so I guess I want to accomplish this aim.
- Your biggest turn off?
It’s something related to hygiene. The smell of sweating makes me turn off.
- Three strange things about you?
- I) I’m very punctual so sometimes I reach on shoots before the team and it’s strange
- ii) I’m very emotional, like it’s hard to be practical for me.
iii) I can’t stop my tears sometimes. It’s hard. Lol
- Tell us 2 advices that you would like to give to the aspiring models/actors.
I would like to suggest them, to never give up. Ups and down are the part of life, you just have to be focused. It will work.