Avocado, Basil and Orange Pesto
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 5-6 tbsp. Fresh basil leaves
- 60 ml Orange juice
- 3 tbsp. Pine Nuts
- 2 Garlic Clove
- 2 tbsp. Vegan Parmesan cheese or Nutritional Yeast
- per taste Salt and black pepper
- Add everything in a food processor and process until everything is smooth.If pesto is too thick add little more orange juice.Transfer into a jar and store in a refrigerator or freeze it for later use.
- Enjoy with fresh vegetables and crisps.
Orange, Date and Ginger Oat Cookies with Cashew Butter
- 150 g cashew butter at room temperature
- 50g softened butter
- 215 g rolled porridge oats
- 150 g wholemeal flour
- 300 g chopped madjool dates
- 75 g fresh grated ginger
- Finely grated zest of 3 oranges
- 150 g light brown muscavado sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp. almond, pistachio or cashews to sprinkle
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar to sprinkle ( Optional )
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6 or 200C.
- Line large two baking sheets with baking parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl put both butter, sugar , ginger and orange zest, beat well with wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add dates, baking powder , oats and flour, mix well using your hands and bring together to make a firm and slightly sticky dough.
- Divide the cookie dough into 36 equal balls and slightly flatten and place on the lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle almond, pistachio and cashew and press gently.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes until risen and pale golden.
- The cookies will be slightly soft, not to worry they will firm up on cooling.
- Leave on the baking sheet for couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.