SECRETS to make your FRAGRANCE last longer
Layer your smell and moisturize your skin to make your fragrance last all day, here are some secrets to make your fragrance last longer.
- Start with a warm shower. Use a shower gel, body wash or a scented soap all over your body and then spray the fragrance once your body becomes dry. When you take warm shower, it causes your pores to open which when you apply the fragrance will soak up the scent better and the fragrance will stay longer as it gets layered on top of a line extension toiletry wash.
- After you have a shower, moisturize your skin with a generous amount of fragrance-free lotion or a body lotion with the same fragrance you use. Moisturized skin blends well with the perfume ensuring long lasting fragrance. On dry skin, the fragrance will dissipate faster.
- Perfumes tend to react with fluctuating body temperature throughout the day and emit scent accordingly. To maximize the smell of your perfume, apply it on your pulse points as they tend to react with warmth of your blood and emit the fragrance accordingly. Wear the perfume on wrist, inside of your elbows, the nape of your neck and on your cleavage. Also, never rub the area where perfume is applied as it breaks down and diminishes the fragrance.
- Depending on the fragrance and the season, it is advisable to spray a little on your clothes too, particularly in winters on your sweaters or pullovers for a longer lasting smell. Thumb rule for spraying – always spray the perfume approximately 15 to 20 cms away from your body. Spraying an even amount of fragrance over a large area will have longer effect than concentrating it over smaller spot on skin.
- Another way is to spray the fragrance in air and slowly walk into the mist. This will evenly distribute the fragrance across your body and will last longer too.
“To maximize the smell of your perfume, apply it on your pulse points as they tend to react with warmth of your blood and emit the fragrance accordingly.”