A multi talented individual, who got to fame with the acclaimed Khoat, Srha Asghar is the talk of the town. She has slowly made her way to where she is today. Come join Social Diary, as we get to know more about this amazing person.
- Who is Srha Asghar? How do you define yourself and tell us a bit about your background
Srha Asghar is that girl who would fight for herself to be something big in this industry that she always dreamt about. I am focused about my career. I respect those who respect me. I am a fighter. I am a graduate from SZABIST in media sciences (production was my major).
- Your success as an actress at such a young age is commendable. How did your journey begin in the entertainment industry?
Success is yet to be achieved. I started my career through an agency called Qtalents, I was there 1st talent to be enrolled and that is how it kept on going.
- Have you always aspired to be an actress? Or did you grow up with a different profession in mind?
When I was a toddler I always wanted to be a doctor. Then I was too scared to operate insects. So I thought I should be a teacher. But somehow I always wanted to be an actor, I would stand in front of the mirror and say the dialogues, I would style my dupattas as sari. I was always a person who secretly wanted to an actor.
- Who do you look up to in the entertainment industry as a mentor or as a role model?
Umm, I like Sonya Hussain’s work. I admire Noman Ejaz’s work (I wish to work with him). I want to work with Fawad khan and Ayeza khan.
- How do you juggle your work life and personal life? Do you ever feel you are missing out on any aspect of a regular lifestyle?
I am a workaholic I try my best to balance my work life and personal life. I don’t feel I am missing out anything as I have very understanding family circle.
- How is your daily routine like?
I get up do my work out prepare my lunch for shoot go to work; come back after work prepare for the next day’s shoot and sleep. Basically my routine is like this: I wake up, workout, work, sleep and repeat.
- How do you prepare for your characters? Is there a certain philosophy that you always follow to get into the feel of a role?
I make a certain image about the character in my mind then I just do what comes naturally to me.
- Have you thought of venturing to the big screen or giving modeling a try?
Yes only if I am paid well 😉
- Which director and actor have you enjoyed working with the most so far?
I enjoyed working with the following directors: Mohsin Talat & Syed Atif Hussain.
- Outside working hours, what do you do in your leisure time?
I love to stay in my couch and watch some old movie and spend time with my mother.
- Any funny incident/encounter with a fan?
Not as of yet.
- We simply adore your youthful glow and how flawless you always are! What are your beauty secrets?
No secrets just eat healthy and offer 5 times obligatory prayers.
- Is there anything that you do not like about Showbiz?
It would have to be nepotism.
- With the film industry starting to thrive in Pakistan, is there any prospect of seeing you on the big screen?
I would love to only if the script is strong, youthful. And does not require intimidating scenes.
- What can we expect from you in 2019? Any exciting projects lined up?
There are a few, but you guys would have to stay tuned to know more about them. I can’t reveal anything right now.
- Any message for your fans?
Please keep loving my work and supporting me, so I can do the best for you guys.
- Last book you read?
- Favorite movie/s?
In the mood for love
- You favorite TV series of all time?
Web series (Permanent Roommates)
- Your biggest fear?
Not sure of it
- Biggest wish?
My biggest wish is to be well known in this industry by my name since my name is difficult to remember, register or to pronounce.
- You spend most of your money on?
Love to spend it on clothes and my loved ones
- Favorite perfume?
There is a mist of bath and body works that I just LOVE. It’s called “in the sun”
- Early bird or Nocturnal?
- Favorite food?
Pizza and different kinds of bread
- Your favorite city in Pakistan?
- Ideal breakfast menu?
Omelet with coffee and bread
- Favorite vacation destination?
Switzerland and Germany (haven’t been there but wish to)
One word for the following:
- Shahzad Sheikh
- Imran Ashraf
- Dino Ali
- Areeba Habib
- Zara Noor
- Bilal Abbas