Lahore based, Syed Saim Ali is ranked amongst the leading Fashion designers of Pakistan, gaining international repute as well. He get lots of inspiration from his mother Farrah Gillani, who is also a Fashion designer; he wants her to be with him forever.
His hard working designs and variety of outfits, including many types of eastern and western, for both men & women. Design philosophy of Saim Ali is about designing stylish, comfortable yet simple outfits. Here he just gave such an exclusive rapid fire interview, so for the full scoop, here you go!
Which living person in Pakistan inspires you?
1. Addicted to?
2. Name a local celeb whose style you admire?
3. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
Bird or an airplane so I can keep flying around the globe.
4. When are you happiest?
When with the family.
5. If you could sit down with your 15-year old self, what would you tell him?
Have patience and calm down a bit.
6. What is the quality you admire most in a woman?
Decency, dressing sense & intelligence.
7. What do you value most: Relaxing or working like a machine?
A bit of both.
8. Which words or phrases do you most over use?
Allhumdulilah, IN SHA ALLAH & Astugfirulla.
9. Where + when do you get your BEST IDEAS?
Ideas are not bound in time and places they come even in mid night or even when I am watching a movie in the cinema.
10. What would you describe yourself as a dreamer or realist?
Dreams are very important and I love bringing them into reality.
11. What is your signature look?
Jeans and a T shirt.
12. Favorite international actor?
Dominic Cooper, Will Smith, Jennifer Lopez and Madhuri Dixit.
13. Flexible in acting, modeling or designing?
I am in love with acting and hosting live shows and designing is my mother’s business, I just look after the marketing side of it.
14. Flip-flops or coat shoes?
15. Dressing you would love to do in spring evenings?
16. What diet intake you are taking now days?
I follow whatever my gym instructor plan for me.
17. Cotton pants or jeans in spring season?
18. Perfume you wear?
Oh I am obsessed with perfumes using Tom Ford OUD these days…
19. Name an essential item every home needs?
20. Any celeb crushes?
In love with Madhuri Dixit, I am crazy for her.
21. What song sums up your life at this moment?
22. Describe your ideal fun night out?
Coffee with friends.
23. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate yourself as an actor and designer?
Please ask this question after couple of years and I am bad in rating anyway.
24. I like my coffee with?
I am a coffee lover I even love it the most when I am sitting in my favorite cafe by the window side all alone with fashion magazines and my cell phone.
25. Love or money?
26. Favorite journey?
I always cherish my trips to Paris London New York Norway and Zurich.
I admire straight forward people.