Feeling restless, can’t sleep, down in the dumps, or stressed? Well then you need these fizzy bath bombs which will surely help in great ways! Few natural remedies are as effective for hitting your internal reset button as a hot bath. By customizing this bath bomb recipe with a variety of essential oils, you can soothe everything from frayed nerves to achy muscles. And here’s the thing… it isn’t even as hard to make!
Here’s what you’ll be needing:
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1 tablespoon almond or olive oil
- Essential oils
- Packing molds (If you don’t have food molds, ice cube trays would work just fine!)
Here’s how you’ll be making it:
- Mix baking soda, citric acid, and Epsom salt in a bowl.
- Add almond or olive oil and essential oils.
- Now add water slowly (the mixture might create a small foaming reaction. If that happens, pour even more slowly).
- The mixture should be just moist enough to hold a shape.
- Pack mixture into molds for a few minutes, then tap to release.
- Allow bath bombs to dry for about five hours. To use, simply drop one in the bath.
Note: Bath bombs should be used within three weeks.
Settle into a more restful state by creating a bath bomb that includes 10 drops of chamomile, 10 drops lavender, and 10 drops mandarin. Both lavender and chamomile are calm- and relaxation-promoting herbs, while mandarin is known to be calming and promote joy.. For even more of a treat, add extra Epsom salt to your bath before you hop in. The magnesium sulfate works as a natural muscle relaxant, pulling fluid out of the muscles and reducing swelling. Also floral scents like rose oil and ylang-ylang are great for setting the mood for romance, if only because they’re soothing scents that promote calm and relaxation. Try a bath bomb made with 10 drops of each. Add a pinch of vanilla for an added kick.