- Improves skin health.
- Protect from colon cancer.
- Protect from lung and oral cavity cancer.
- Controls heart rate & blood pressure.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Increase blood formation.
- Improve eye vision.
- Strengthen bone & teeth.
- Excellent vitamin a source.
- Reduces blood cholesterol levels.
- Good source of essential minerals.
- Fights memory impairment, neurological & oxidative stress.
- Anti-inflammatory & analgesic properties.
- Detoxify liver.
- Mild sedative quality.
- Reduce irregular hunger pangs.
- Aids digestion.
- Prevents diabetes & hyper lipidemia.
- Assists the body to discharge anti-oxidants.
- Have anti-viral agents.
This week, Social Diary brings you a quick and easy recipe which you can make at home and get the benefits of Loquat this summer… So here you go, try and enjoy it…!!!
Loquat Peach waffles
These waffles are light and fruity, probably because they contain nearly half a kilo of fruit. This is a good way to take advantage of this summer’s bounty. Go through your bucket of loquats, find out which are sweet and ripe. Peaches are also coming into season. We blended the two fruits together to make this sweet, fragrant waffle.
- 500 grams fruit, half peaches and half Loquats.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- 2 eggs.
- 4 tablespoons butter.
- 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
- 1-1/2 cup flour.
Peel the Loquats, and cut the fruit off the pits. Mix with the buttermilk and blend until chunky. Add the eggs. Melt the butter, and mix with the fruit. It’s OK if the butter doesn’t mix thoroughly and hardens into tiny flecks. Add the rest of the ingredients, beating until the flour is fully blended. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into each 4 x 4 inch waffle well. Bake in the waffle iron until golden. Serve with your favorite scoop of ice cream, nuts and honey/chocolate syrup.