Cherries may be considered as summer’s treat, but they’re easy to enjoy all year long and boast plenty of benefits you may not know about. A side from being high in fiber and low in calories, they can protect against serious diseases. See below how this super fruit benefit both your body and your taste buds…!!
Protection from Diabetes
Cherries have Glycemic lower than other fruits. This makes them a better choice of a fruit snack compared with many other fruits, especially for diabetics.
Helps You Sleep Better
Cherries are one of nature’s few sources of melatonin, a hormone that lowers body temperature, making us sleepy. They have also been found to help with jet lag.
Protect against Alzheimer
Cherries are one of the memory boosting foods because they are rich in antioxidants.
Slows the Aging of Skin
Cherries have the highest antioxidant level, which helps the body fight the free radicals that make us look old. Drinking one glass of cherry juice daily slows down the aging process.
Lowers Risk of Gout Attacks
Eating cherries lowers risk of gout attacks as it naturally decreases the uric acid levels.
Reduces Muscle Pain
A cup and a half of cherries or one cup of tart cherry juice can reduce muscle inflammation and soreness.
Good for the Heart
Cherries are very high in potassium, which helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure and reduces the risk of hypertension. The Phytosterols in cherries help reduce bad cholesterol levels.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1 cup white sugar.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- 1 cup boiling water.
- 3-1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted.
- 3/4 cup white sugar.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, butter or margarine, flour, salt, baking powder, and milk together. Place cherries in the bottom of a 9 inch square pan. Spread dough over cherries.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in boiling water. Pour mixture over the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Here Social Diary brings you and easy recipe… Try it and enjoy…!!!