By: Nudrat Mustafa
Good looking, charming and brainy is what comes to mind after talking to Ghana Ali. Nowadays seen in many drama serials, Ghana is a name that will be super famous in the near future- considering the amount of hard work she puts in every role. Let’s see what she has to say to Social Diary about herself and her career.
- Tell us about your background and family.
Born and bred in Lahore. I have 4 siblings, 3 sisters and a brother and i am the youngest. My family is in Lahore apart from my eldest sister who lives in London.
- When did you decide to enter the fashion field?
It’s one of those things I didn’t plan, opportunity came along and I grabbed it. I was doing theatre before and did a couple of fashion shows.
- Pen down your struggle period.
I would have to say the whole of 2015.
- If you are asked to choose either modelling or acting, what would you select and why?
Acting, it’s a no brainer for me. I absolutely live for challenge and I love the fact that acting gives me the platform and an opportunity to perform. I love doing varied roles to push my limits.
- You have an amazing portfolio and we know that you love all the work that you do. However, share with us the designer/campaign you most enjoyed working in. Why?
All of them have been great. Two of my sisters are working on their own line of clothing and I am working with them. I would say that’s really fun, not being biased but of course if you get to have family around when you are working its more relaxed and fun atmosphere.
- What is your secret of remaining in shape?
Oh don’t get me started. I did initially struggle a lot with my weight. Guess runs in the genes so I can easily blame my mum and dad for it lol. It’s a combination of diet with exercise. Seriously one cannot be of any use without the other. I work out 5 times a day and I watch what I eat. Finally drink 3 litres of what every day.
- Share with us your experience of working in ‘Be Inteha’. How was your experience, is there anything interesting that happened on the sets that you would like to share?
Be Inteha has been a brilliant experience for me. Qasim (Director of the drama) is actually a very close friend of mine so working with your friend and seeing your friend directing and proving his worth was rewarding. During the shooting I was spending time with a lot of people so i ended up making some really good friends for life.
What are your upcoming projects as an actor? What is most exciting about them?
Two of my projects are starting imminently, Sawera airing on Geo and Agar tum saath ho on express Entertainment. Sawera is my first positive lead. Having done so many negative lead I needed to break the stereotype. Sawera and Agar tum saath ho will defo help me with that.
- What do you do when you are not working?
Honestly speaking, sleeping. My working hours are insane so I do like to sleep when I am not working or hanging out with friends.
- Stupidest question you have been asked ever.
Do you want to get married? Of course I do. The question should have been WHEN you want to get married not.
- Who was your celebrity crush that you are ashamed of now?
Hmmmm no one.
- What is the most absurd thing you have read about yourself on the internet?
I read this extremely bizarre info claiming that I am 26 and my DOB is 26th June on a few internet blogs. My DOB is actually 26th Jan 1994 and I am 23.
- What do you notice the most in a guy?
His shoes and perfume.
- What’s the one word or phrase you use the most?
- If there is something missing in your life, it is…..
Nothing is missing but I do miss my family wish they could be closer.
- Biggest goal for 2017…
Making sure I improve my acting skills and aim to do better than what I did in 2016 In’shaa’ALLAH.
- Your biggest turn off?
My biggest turn-off is liars and people who are jealous and dislike you for no good reason.
- One strange thing about you?
I used to order coffee and coke together.
- Tell us 2 advices that you would like to give to the aspiring models.
Never give up hope. Nothing is impossible.