This crispy grilled chicken is the protein that you can top off on anything. Or just have it as it is.
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon achiote powder
- Half tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Nonstick cooking spray or oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small glass jar with an airtight lid and shake to blend. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
- Season chicken with the adobo seasoning. Heat a grill pan to medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray or drizzle with oil. Place the chicken on the grill pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side depending on the size of the breasts.
- When chicken is cooked through, slice 2 chicken breasts for the fishy-dillas and reserve the remaining 4 for the chicken salad.
Note: This recipe for adobo is a staple seasoning for many of my Latin recipes. You can make a large batch, store it in an airtight container and use it as a flavor enhancer in your favorite dishes.