With the Eid festivities and holidays going on, there is always going to be demand for delicious snacks to munch on! Most of us are done with fruit salads and Chana chats. Its time to amp up your Eid trolley and impress your guests with these easy to make delicious snacks.
Ananas Ke Soole
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
250 g pineapple, sliced length-wise with leaves on
50 g hung curd
3 tbsp mustard oil
1½ tbsp cumin powder
1½ tbsp coriander powder
1½ tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
2 tsp chat masala
1 tsp black salt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped onions
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp tomato ketchup
1½ tbsp pineapple juice
2 tsp smoked paprika powder
2 tsp chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Mix all the ingredients except the pineapple slices and coriander leaves in a large bowl. Mix them well to make the marinade. Ensure you take a bowl large enough that the pineapple slices can fit in.
- Marinate the pineapple slices with the prepared mixture for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Arrange the marinated slices on skewers and grill inside the tandoor for three on each side, using a little oil for the grilling. You can also do this in an OTG or on a flat pan (tawa) over a medium flame.
- After grilling, sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves and little chat masala over it and serve hot with chutneys of your choice.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
150 g onions, sliced and separated into rings
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp corn flour
½ tsp mixed herbs
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp peri peri powder
50 g water
90 g beer
200 g panko crumbs
Oil for deep-frying
- Heat the oil for deep-frying on a medium flame.
- In a small bowl mix the all-purpose flour, corn flour, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and salt. Add in the beer and mix into smooth, lump-free batter. Add water as needed, little by little.
- Spread out the panko crumbs in a flat bowl or plate and keep it ready.
- Dip an onion ring into the batter and coat well. Slowly drop the coated onion ring into panko crumbs and coat well.
- Now for double coating, drop the onion ring again to the batter and wet completely. Further, roll in panko crumbs and coat well.
- Drop the double-coated onion ring into the fryer. Do the same with a few more and drop them in until the fryer is full. Fry the onion rings until they turn golden brown and crisp. Finish off all the lots of onions rings in the same way.
- Serve the onion rings hot with a dip of your choice.