One of the staples of Aftari is fruit chat. After hours of fasting the best thing you can give to your body is fruits. Today we will be giving out vitamin C packed chat that will not only give you energy and also boost your immune system.
What makes Vitamin C important?
Vitamin C is one of the key vitamin nutrients with many health benefits. It is considered to be an antioxidant that results in preventing or in some cases reverse cellular damage caused by a number of compounds present in our body.
How can get my dose of Vitamin C?
Well, the good news is that you don’t have to try too hard to get your daily quota of Vitamin C. Include a well-planned diet that consists of citrus fruits and vegetables. On average a person needs about 90mg of Vitamin C per day.
What are the health benefits of Vitamin C?
Well, there are a number of benefits. But we have listed a few important ones here
- A great antioxidant, vitamin C helps decrease inflammation.
- Helps in boosting collagen production, which then results in better skin and a faster healing process.
- Helps you get over common illnesses like fever quickly.
Vitamin C Chaat
A delicious and healthy dish to help you build your immunity during these COVID days, Chef Karann Talwar walks us through the simple recipe for Vitamin C Chaat
Serves 2 Prep time 10 mins Cook time: 11 mins
1 sweet potato
1 sweet lime
A pinch black pepper, crushed
A pinch pink rock salt powder
10 amla candy
A few sprigs mint leaves
1 tbsp honey
- Roast sweet potato and beetroot in an oven.
- Once done, let it cool for a while. And then dice potato and the beetroot.
- Now using a paring knife, remove the peel and the white pith from the citrus fruits..
- Once done, dice them.
- Now, arrange the diced sweet potato, beetroot and citrus fruits in a bowl.
- Drizzle a spoon of honey of these diced fruits and roots.
- Sprinkle it with black pepper and pink rock salt powder.
- Top it off, with a few fresh mint leaves before serving.