Parisheh is not new to the entertainment industry; she has followed the footsteps of her mother Frieha Altaf. Come join Social diary to get an insight into the life of Parisheh James.
- Who is Parisheh James? Tell us about yourself (your background, education, lifestyle etc.)
I am 21. I was born in Ontario, Canada. I moved to Karachi when I was 5 and went to Karachi Grammar School as well as Karachi American School. I am now in my 3rd year at York University studying Media and Communications. I have taken half a semester off university for special project!
- How did you get started as a model?
I’ve been modeling and doing commercials since I was a child but I when I started the runway in 2015 when I got a call from Deepak Perwani to open his show.
- At what point did you decide to begin a career in modeling?
I never really decided to begin a career in modeling, it kind of just happened randomly but I knew I would do it at one point in my life to fulfill my mother’s legacy.
- What do you feel was your breakthrough campaign that established your name in the industry?
I don’t know, cannot comment on that.
- What were some of the challenges you faced when you entered the modeling industry?
The biggest challenge was simply fitting in. It was hard to be considered a hard-working model because I was put in the industry by my mom so to have people treat me differently was definitely hard.
Another challenge was my weight. I didn’t necessarily look as thin and tall as the other models so I was constantly comparing my body to them.
- What is your dream project that you would love to work on?
In terms of modeling, I would love to just travel different parts of the world and model for top rated locations (like an Instagram model haha)
- Modeling is undoubtedly difficult. What has been the most challenging part since you started?
Again like I said, making friends and losing weight.
- Which designer and campaign have you enjoyed working with the most so far?
By far, I would have to say Maheen Khan x Toni and Guy. That show in 2015 was something that made me feel confident and I felt like my walk was really good.
- Model features or model behavior, which is more integral to the success of a model?
Model behavior for sure. If you have confidence you can achieve anything.
- What is your secret to maintaining such a shapely figure?
Eating healthy staying hydrated and active
- Do you have any mentor or someone in the industry that you look up to for guidance?
My mother being in the industry as a young model gives the best advice!
- Who is your inspiration in the fashion industry, both national and international?
National would always be Nomi Ansari. Somehow his work brings out color that makes me feel youthful and happy.
International would have to be Balmain. The clothes he makes are similar to my taste in clothing and if I were to be a designer the clothes would be similar.
- What are your upcoming projects? Which of them are you most excited about?
I am about to be shooting for an upcoming film next year called Parey Hut Love. I am most excited about that.
- You have made quite a name for yourself within a short time. Has it been overwhelming or too much to handle?
It’s never been too much to handle. I’m quite used to being in the industry as a young child and what comes along with it.
- Are you here to make friends in the industry? Or do you have a strictly professional approach?
I love making friends wherever I go. And yes if people want to be my friend I am more than happy to be theirs!
- When you are not modeling, what are your hobbies and how do you spend your free time?
I don’t actually have a hobby but in my free time I am listening to music or always trying to find new music. It is something I love doing every single day.
- Tell us something about yourself, which very few people know?
I am very short tempered and impatient.
- Will you ever consider straying into the field of acting?
Well I am right now.
- If you were not a model, what career would you have pursued?
Singing for sure or probably a veterinarian
- What advice do you have for individuals looking into getting into modeling?
Be confident in your skin. Be nice to everyone, always listen to learn and believe in yourself.
- What is your take on the current state of the fashion industry in Pakistan?
- Do you think more fashion shows will boost the music scene in Pakistan?
Depends. I feel like live music should be incorporated in shows but I’ve noticed that the same songs have been played for fashion shows in the past 3 years.
- Share any funny and/or memorable incidents with the fans?
Haven’t had an incident as yet
- Any message for your followers and fans?
Love all of you and I’m happy I can share my life with you as I grow!
- Who was the last person you got a text from?
A photographer Mirza Omer
- Last book you read?
The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A Fuck
- Favorite movie/s?
I have so many!
- Your all time celebrity crush?
- You favorite TV series of all time?
- Your biggest fear?
Open waters and dark spaces
- Biggest wish?
To always be happy and give back the hard work my parents have put in for me.
- You spend most of your money on?
Tickets for raves, clothes and alcohol
- Favorite perfume?
Brittany Spears Fantasy
- Early bird or Nocturnal?
- Favorite pizza topping?
- Your favorite city in Pakistan?
I haven’t really been anywhere but Lahore, Murree or Islamabad. Would have to be Islamabad though.
- Ideal breakfast menu?
Oatmeal and Black Coffee
One word for the following:
- Farah Talib Aziz – don’t know who that is
- Tapu Javeri – my favorite uncle and a great photographer
- Sadaf Kanwal- beautiful eyes
- Ather Shahzad– talented
- Nomi Ansari – inspiration
- Alyzey Gabol– great skin