Ramzan is here, and we have some delicious and healthy meals lined to make your ramzan better and delicious!
- Beef mince half kg
- Onion 1
- Egg 1
- Breadcrumbs 1 cup
- Mozzarella cheese (cubed) 500 grams
- Parmesan cheese 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Mustard paste 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix egg, onion, parmesan cheese, black pepper, paprika, bread crumbs, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, oil and salt with the beef mince.
- Make meatballs with a piece of mozzarella in between of each.
- Grease an oven-tray; place meatballs on it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, remove.
- In a wok, stir fry vegetables in 1 tbsp of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with meatballs.
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- 1 cup pitted dates
- half cup rolled oats
- half cup carrots, finely grated
- one fourth cup hemp seed
- Half tsp pumpkin pie spice (or half tsp cinnamon + one eighth tsp ginger powder + one eighth tsp ground nutmeg)
- Half tsp vanilla (optional)
- one fourth cup unsweetened shredded coconut (used to cover energy bites)
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except for the shredded coconut. Blend until ingredients are well blended together and a ball forms.
- Using damp hands, create 1-inch balls and immediately roll in shredded coconut. (Note: if mixture is difficult to work with, refrigerate for 15-20 minutes).
- Refrigerate energy bites for at least 1 hour before serving. Store in refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight container.