There is a huge difference between Pakistan and Europe in terms of makeup trends and the beauty industry.
SAIMA RASHID BARGFREDE
In the spotlight…!
Famous beautician Saima, who do makeover not locally but also internationally, just gave a small interview of what beauty trends exactly will come on to close the year 2015 and how to carry your good looks with a perfect makeover, plus shared that how she entered in the industry…
- What made you choose the beauty industry?
As a student of fine arts, I was always fascinated with colors and transformations. That interest manifested itself into the desire to create art on real faces, treating the skin and the eyes and various features as my canvas.
- Where did you receive your training and what did you specialize in?
I was initially self-taught for 7 before I received my formal training. I first trained in Thailand in ’95. Since then I completed most of my courses and education in the field in London. I received training from Patrick Cameron Training School, Charles Fox, Vidal Sasson, Laetia alongside my own experiences and experimentation.
- In one word, describe Saima Rashid Bergefrade?
- What are your beauty must-haves?
Lip balm, moisturizer, and mascara.
- 5 things that are always in Saima Rashid’s bag?
Cell phone, Tom Tom, cream (moisturizer,) lots of lip balms, pigments and perfume!
- Your all-time favorite fashion icon?
Iris Apfel and Vivienne Westwood
- Dream project you wish to take-on?
- Favorite fashion brand or designer?
- How would you describe your sense of style?
Soft with cutting edge and provocative!
- What in your opinion makes the L’Oreal Paris Color Riche shoot magical?
The ability to have a free hand and be respected by L’Oreal’s team to trust my ability of professionalism, alongside just having a great team of people to work with! That was the real magic in addition to results!
- What was your thought process when you were recreating these fairytale looks?
I was going through mixed emotions! I had reflections of my own childhood paired with my very own daughter’s vision of what fairytales entailed. The journey of finding love and beauty through colors is so magical and was essential to capture in every element of the campaign, and for me that is what my vision centered on.
- What are some key makeup tips that women usually miss out on?
Women often fail to recognize their best features and focus on enhancing them versus just fixating on what we don’t like about ourselves.
- What are the major differences between the beauty industry in Pakistan and Europe?
There is a huge difference between Pakistan and Europe in terms of makeup trends and the beauty industry. In Pakistan, people tend to be very rigid with their makeup and love layering makeup on makeup with makeup being done for the masses. In Europe, there is much more creativity and playfulness in the beauty industry with people focusing on innovation and uniqueness.
“Women often fail to recognize their best features and focus on enhancing them versus just fixating on what we don’t like about ourselves.”