Summer is already upon us, but many of us are not even complaining because summer means that the king of fruits is here! Yes, of course, we are talking about mangoes! So, calling all you mango lovers to try this easy and refreshing breakfast recipe of a Mango Smoothie Bowl that checks all the health boxes! What’s more, it is vegan, for all of you who do not use regular milk. Try it and it will become your comfort food in no time.
Mango Smoothie Bowl
Prep time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes soaking time for chia seeds
For The Smoothie
1 fresh mango, ensure you choose a ripe one
1 cup almond milk
¼ cup coconut milk
1 tbsp date syrup
For The Topping
Freshly-diced mango pieces
Soaked chia seed
- Thoroughly wash, peel and roughly chop the mango into small pieces.
- Place the chopped mango, almond milk, coconut milk and the date syrup in a blender jar. Blend the ingredients until you have a smooth fluid.
- Pour the fresh mango smoothie into a broad serving bowl. You can also use a soup bowl. Ensure you use a bowl that is easy to eat out of.
- Top with the granola, freshly-diced mango pieces, pumpkin seeds, melon seeds and soaked chia seeds.
- Enjoy fresh on a warm summer morning!
- If you would like your smoothie bowl to be a little cold or chilled, refrigerate your mango, almond milk and coconut milk.
- You can always vary your toppings, using a bit of crunch. Fresh fruits such as bananas and berries work well. The granola that is most recommended is chocolate, but you can opt for whatever you like. You can also use a variety of seeds.