Take a trip to Malaysia with The Social Diary Magazine and Ghana Ali!
- Why did you select Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for your holiday destination?
I mainly went because of the weather. Karachi is very hot and barish kam hoti hay. The weather in Malaysia is comparatively way better than here.
- Finding the right type of food in a country like Malaysia is indeed a difficult task. What difficulties did you face while finding yourself the food of your choice?
I mostly check from the internet. The places and their ratings of the restaurants. I also take suggestions from my friends or from the people who live there or have been there. It was indeed difficult. The food over there wasn’t spicy at all and I am somebody who loves spices. Therefore, I’d make sure that I’m eating from some fast food. Otherwise I would just ask my friends for a better restaurant.
- Crazy shoppers are always looking for things they MUST have. What would you suggest they should buy and from where (If you know a particular place)?
Mostly from KLCC which is a shopping mall over there. I go for regular brands LV, MK and since they were on sale and these things were in my budget so I would go there. So, I didn’t try the local things from Kuala Lumpur.
- What did you enjoy most about your trip to Kuala Lumpur?
The weather. I used to walk miles to enjoy it. It was very good.
- The fish smell there is usually a turn off for travelers. Do you agree? Or was there something else that you think you could not stand?
To be honest, I didn’t feel that there was some kind of a fish smell over there. Even though I have been there twice. The only thing that annoyed me was their language. They don’t understand English. Their English is pretty different and when I used to talk to them, they would take a good five minutes to answer. Simply because, they couldn’t understand what I was saying.
- If you were to throw a party. Where in Kuala Lumpur would you do it?
- Any funny incident that took place on your trip?
- One word to describe your experience?
It was one hell of an experience. I enjoyed a lot with my best friend.
- One thing you would like your readers to be prepared for when visiting the destination you chose? (excluding common factors like the language barrier)
English spoken over there so I think the one thing you must do is to not speak very fast. Otherwise, they wouldn’t understand you.
- Did you bring any souvenirs with you?
The twin towers decoration piece, it is pretty cute. And, there is a lighter shaped like a girls shoe.
- What is the one thing that you recommend others to try/experience in Kuala Lumpur? Or a place you suggest must be visited.
Yes I do. I think Kuala Lumpur is a place to go. The weather is amazing.
- People usually prefer going abroad for their vacations and there aren’t many who explore Pakistan. Why do you think that is?
I love the vacations in Pakistan. Our Northern areas are really pretty and everybody should go there. If I want to go there I will go there too. It is the first thing that I would like to do.