If you are still searching for the natural methods of making your health better, this article is right for you! Let’s look through the health benefits of ginger and garlic!
Digestion plays a key role in keeping you healthy. Ginger can be helpful in digestion by controlling high sugar levels. In the case where these sugar levels are very high, the stomach will not be able to work as it should. So, ginger quiets the stomach brings it to a normal condition. Garlic has been thought to keep the digestive system running smoothly and is particularly helpful in swelling or irritation of the stomach .
2) Helps with blood clots
Both ginger and garlic have medicinal characteristics, which allow them to reduce the blood clotting. According to Motley Health, it was claimed that ginger has been shown to reduce 60% of the production of thromboxane, which is a forceful blood clotting stimulant. Garlic also induces the blood vessels to increase, reducing blood pressure, as well as keeping the blood from clotting.
Diarrhea is a rather difficult problem to have, but from scientific researches, both garlic and ginger can help to overcome the symptoms of diarrhea. As for ginger, it helps with any stomach gas and spasms, and garlic is able to even destroy all harmful bacteria, which are in your intestines.
4) Respiratory diseases Both ginger and garlic are known for their natural, antibacterial characteristics, and their ability to relieve congestion and loosen phlegm. So, ginger relieves congestion, softens aching muscles, and can soothe a sore throat. Garlic is considered to be an antibiotic and is often recommended for treating flu and colds. While being used together, either in a supplement form, as a tea, or in meals, such as stews and soups, the combination of garlic and ginger can become an effective and beneficial medicine, when cold attacks.
5) Relieves arthritis symptoms
Drinking ginger tea can diminish or control swelling. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, ginger plays a great role in decreasing inflammation and has been used for this goal by traditional medicine for many years. According to the American Academy of Rheumatology, it contains natural ingredients, which are similar to those found in FDA-approved over-the-counter anti-inflammatory combinations. Also, ginger can help reduce your arthritis pain. However, make sure that you don’t drink too much ginger tea. Excessive ginger consumption can lead to the inflammation of your stomach and intestines. Some researches confirmed that ginger can relieve pain.
6) Relief of flu and cold symptoms
Actually, drinking ginger tea can help decrease your cold symptoms. Ginger is thought to be the best medicine for colds in Chinese ayurvedic and traditional medicine. In general, ginger has antiviral characteristics, which can help fight cold symptoms. Just drink ginger tea at least three times per day. You can prepare your ginger tea with either dried ginger powder or fresh ginger root. Just take one cup of boiling water and add either 1/2 tea spoon of powdered ginger or one tea spoon of the freshly grated ginger root. Leave it to infuse for about ten minutes. Eating garlic during cold season is a great way to boost your immune system and keep off colds and flu. The old folk remedy is to eat a garlic bulblet, which is garlic that has been immersed in honey at the first sign of a cold. So, try it and see whether it works or not. A better solution is to mix these amazing products and double the effect.
7) Motion sickness symptoms
relief Ginger tea can help reduce some symptoms of motion sickness, such as nausea, etc. According to the Merck Manual of Medical Conditions, motion sickness includes such symptoms as a headache, cold sweats, nausea, excessive saliva production, an upset stomach, vomiting, breathing difficulties, and vertigo. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, ginger can be a safe alternative to prescription-based motion sickness medicines.
8) Bacterial and fungal infections When it is bruised or crushed, garlic produces Allicin, which is a sulphuric ingredient that is a natural antibiotic. During the 1st world war, soldiers used crushed garlic on infected wounds gained in battles. So, if you decide to consume garlic in a tablet form, it will be much better to take powdered capsules. Because the processes used to produce garlic tablets, usually destroys the Allicin, which is very important.
9) Prevention of numerous kinds of cancer Prostate cancer, bladder cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer, and colon cancer have all been shown to have their tumors decreased after being treated with garlic and ginger. Moreover, vitamin B6 is considered to be able to help in cancer treatment. Why not to use double force
10) Decreasing of morning sickness symptoms
Ginger can help to decrease morning sickness, a symptom experienced during pregnancy. According to the National Institutes of Health, morning sickness usually occurs at any time of the day. As for the common symptoms, such as nausea and vomiting, they can be decreased with ginger, claimed the American College of Nurse-Midwives. Actually, symptoms of morning sickness can exacerbate as a result of foods kinds, hormonal fluctuations, fatigue, or stress. According to the National Institutes of Health, ginger and garlic products, especially tea, are effective for treating morning sickness.
11) Natural blood thinner According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, ginger can be used to support and nourish your cardiovascular health. Ginger is thought to be a natural blood thinner, as it makes your blood platelets less adhesive. It averts blood clotting. On the other hand, this can help reduce your circulatory problems and blood cholesterol. For the cardiac tonic preparation, just mix one cup of boiling water with one to two tea spoons of freshly squeezed ginger.
Actually, the LDL cholesterol and the aortic plaque depositions, which gather on the walls of your body’s veins can be treated with garlic. According to scientific researches, garlic has amazing benefits when it comes to heart diseases.
12) Headache treatment Ginger’s effectiveness against headaches has been proven. Ginger has been shown to decrease the severity and symptoms of headaches by blocking prostaglandins (the chemicals, which can induce inflammation in the brain blood vessels). In addition, this anti-inflammatory power in ginger can lower the discomfort of headaches, flu, and colds.
Ginger is also the best remedy when it comes to stuffiness and bronchial congestion. The main compound, the gingerol, is a natural cough suppressant. So if you have a cough or you feel stuffy, then ginger can help you. It gives you an easier time when it comes to breathing.
13) Arthritis remedy
Ginger and garlic operate well together to decrease joint swellings in people who have rheumatoid arthritis. According to the latest study, it was found that ginger and garlic mixture can ease the symptoms in 55% of people with osteoarthritis, and 74% of people with rheumatoid arthritis.
14) Diabetes treatment Ginger decreases the blood sugar levels. Actually, drinking 1 table spoon of ginger juice mixed with 1 glass of water in the morning can help control the sugar level. Garlic can also control blood sugar as it strengthens the level of insulin in the blood. This can help in the control of diabetes.