1. It was a monumental triumph for the Pakistan Women’s Football Team as they notched up their inaugural goal and historic victory in the Olympic Qualifiers. Adding to the glory, Zahmena Malik marked a personal milestone by scoring her first-ever goal for the Pakistan Women’s National Team.
2. Hold onto your taste buds, foodies! Pakistan’s beloved burger haven, Burger Lab, is gearing up for an international flavor explosion. Get ready for a culinary adventure because Burger Lab is set to make waves in Makkah, marking its grand entrance onto the global stage.
3. Pakistani TV show host and YouTuber Imran Riaz Khan, a journalist celebrated for his unwavering resilience, has been honored with a nomination for the Human Rights Award by the Human Rights Council of Pakistan. Acknowledging him as a symbol of dissent in challenging times, Imran’s tenacity in confronting adversity has rightfully earned him this notable acknowledgment.
4. The BBC has released its 2023 list of 100 inspiring and influential women from around the world, and among them are two impactful figures from Pakistan. Afroze-Numa, one of the last Wakhi shepherdesses, has tended to goats, yaks, and sheep for nearly three decades, upholding a tradition passed down through generations. They engage in the centuries-old practice of crafting dairy products for barter while allowing their animals to graze. Also recognized is Neha Mankani, a midwife who demonstrated resilience in the face of adversity. When devastating floods hit Pakistan last year, Mankani, through her charity Mama Baby Fund, provided life-saving birthing kits and midwifery care to over 15,000 families in affected areas.
5. In a truly epic feat, history was made at this year’s Miss Universe competition as Erica Robin, Pakistan’s inaugural representative, took the stage by storm! Beyond the glitz and glamour, she utilized this global platform to spotlight Pakistan’s celebration of women’s success while challenging conventional beauty standards. With unwavering confidence, grace, and impeccable style, Erica has been captivating hearts and making a mark on the international stage.
6. Renowned Pakistan-born Oscar-winning director, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, is poised to make cinematic history as the first woman and person of color to direct a Star Wars film. Studio executives recently unveiled plans for three new Star Wars movies, with the initial release scheduled for 2025. Obaid-Chinoy will helm a film set 15 years after the conclusion of the last installment, featuring British actor Daisy Ridley reprising her role as Rey, the heroine from the previous trilogy that concluded in 2019, eliciting mixed reviews.
7. In a notable milestone, the streetwear label Rastah has achieved the distinction of being the first Pakistani company to showcase at the London Fashion Week. Rastah earned a coveted spot in the program, presenting their SS23 Collection Showcase, Evening Event, Menswear, and Womenswear.
8. In a groundbreaking achievement, Virgin Galactic’s “Galactic 04” mission marked a historic moment as it successfully sent Pakistani adventurer Namira Salim into space. The mission, launched from New Mexico’s Spaceport, propelled Namira Salim, founder and chairperson of the nonprofit Space Trust, into the cosmos. Notably, Salim holds the distinction of being the first Pakistani to explore both the North Pole (April 2007) and the South Pole (January 2008). This accomplishment heralds a new era in Pakistan’s space exploration endeavors.
9.Mountaineer Sajid Ali Sadpara achieved a historic feat by becoming the first Pakistani to conquer Nepal’s Annapurna peak, standing at an impressive 8,091 meters, all without the aid of high-altitude porters and supplemental oxygen. Shortly thereafter, Naila Kiani made history as the first Pakistani woman to summit Annapurna, marking a remarkable achievement for Pakistani mountaineering.