Why not try something other than the traditional meetha for this Eid. This recipe serves about 15 to 20 people.
10 strawberries Fresh/ or Frozen
2 egg yolks
2 cups heavy cream
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
1 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and cut into pieces. Set aside.
- In a pot over low heat, combine egg yolks, heavy cream, sugar, and cornstarch. Turn the heat up to medium-high, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add in the strawberries, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer the cream mixture into a bowl, covering the top with plastic wrap and pressing the wrap down onto the surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Chill.
- In a pot, combine the water and butter, bringing it to a boil. Add the flour and stir until the dough comes together in a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs one a time, stirring until the dough becomes a paste. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a large round tip.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe 1-inch mounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry has risen considerably and the insides are dry.
- Transfer the chilled pastry cream into a piping bag with a small tip. Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of each cream puff and fill each puff with the pastry cream.
- Microwave the chocolate at 30-second intervals until smooth. Mix in coconut oil if using.
- Dip the top of each filled cream puff into the chocolate, dripping off any excess.