Annie Mansoor sums up her three plus decades of work experience in the industry of not just making people look good but making them even better. Join Social Diary as we get to know all about this power house.
- Please tell us about your background, family and education.
I was born and raised in Lahore. My mother was a professor doctor and my father was a supreme court Lawyer. Now I have 2 wonderful daughters and a husband. I earned a Bachelor.
- How did you venture into the beauty industry?
I always had a passion for art and makeup, so when I was 14 I made my first bride and started my own business with one chair and 50 rupees.
- Tell us about your responsibilities as the business owner?
I believe my main responsibility is not only to my customers but also my staff, I believe in maintaining the utmost quality so the customer is satisfied and the staff is without complaints.
- You run your own company and a brand; generally, what do you think are the main challenges when a woman wants to set up and run a company?
I myself have come through many challenges being one of the first artists in Lahore. People’s mentality towards makeup used to be- and still is- quite negative and stereotypical. The idea of being a female CEO is amazing, but a lot of work. You’ll find yourself compared to a lot, at times not taken seriously and the center of all gossip, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
- Being a boss, what do you think makes a great employee stand out?
My employees work exceptionally hard and are dedicated to keeping our name. Though to me, an employee that works not just for themselves but for the better of the whole company and gives loyalty, truth and dedication is what a model employee is.
- What is your vision for women in Pakistan when it comes to becoming their own bosses, or higher level administrators?
I believe that Pakistan could use a lot more female leaders. I want to see women involved with making revolutionary changes for us, to be more powerful and make brands of all areas of expertise.
- To what do you attribute your success?
I mainly attribute my success to determination, hope and a supportive family
- If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
I would say to keep an open mind, you’ll change a lot of your main decisions, you’ll have a lot of ups and downs and many late nights. Though if you follow your passion and turn your dreams into goals you’ll be able to achieve success.
- What best motivates you?
My motivation is my passion, I love waking up every morning knowing I’m part of the lucky people that get to follow their dreams and make them.
- Are there any short cuts to successfully handling frustration and success?
Not as far as I’m aware, success isn’t something that you can just wing.
- What makes your brand standout amongst its competitors?
Our brand was one of the first salons to ever become successful and popular in Lahore, we stay true to Pakistani culture and roots by showcasing it in our makeup. Many models and designers started with us and had us launch them.
- Do you plan on expanding into cosmetic line?
In the future I sure do hope so, although I can’t confirm it.
- Describe a typical day of yours.
I’d wake up early and grab breakfast with my family. Take a morning walk if I have time. I attend business calls, then I attend to work at my salon branches, from meetings, to personal clients. That takes up most of my day, after scheduling- varying on work, I return.
- When you’re not busy with work, what are some of your favourite things to do?
I love shopping or finding new products for my salon. You’ll find me in the mall quite often.
- On what do you spend the most: clothes, accessories, perfumes or anything else?
I spend quite a lot on makeup which is quite obvious, I believe I’ll never have too much of it.
- How do you take out the time for your personal life, specifically with so much going around you?
It is quite hard to make some time for my family although when I’m in Dubai my schedule is quite laid back so I make the most out of it.
- Your family have been a major part of your venture. How would you describe them?
My family is extremely supportive, loving and understanding. They appreciate what I do and help me whenever and however. They’re all very determined and strong willed too
- Give a message to your fans through the platform of Social Diary Magazine.
Thank you for supporting me and appreciating my work, where I am is because of the people who believed in me and I’ll never be grateful enough for that.
Quick choose round:
- Organic or Junk food?
I love to eat healthy as much as I can but I’ll have to admit junk food has a special place in my heart
- Lipstick or Lipgloss?
- Karachi or Lahore?
Lahore, that’s where my heart is
- Juices or Soft Drinks
- Makeup Inspiration?
- Cats or dogs?
Neither I’m terrified of animals
- Book or movie?
- Favourite Movie:
- Biggest turn off?
I can’t stand Hypocrites
- Guilty pleasure:
I know I said I liked to eat healthy, but ice cream is something that I can’t resist