1. What is freelancing?
To me, freelancing is not a skill, it’s a lifestyle which empowers you to create your own financial independence.
2. Who can become a freelancer?
Anyone, literally anyone can be a freelancer, regardless of your educational background or professional history. All you need to have is a skill and know how to sell it online.
3. What services do freelancers offer?
Anything/any task which can be done using a laptop/mobile and can be sold online such as graphic designing, web development, content writing, data entry etc. There are a lot of life skills though, people are selling their duas online (not even kidding )
4. Which services are in demand specifically in Pakistan?
Graphic Design, Digital Marketing and Content Writing.
5. What are the advantages/disadvantages of being a freelancer?
The biggest advantage/disadvantage of being a freelancer is that “you get to be your own boss”
6. Most reliable freelancing platforms?
*Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer & 99designs*
7. Can someone make a career out of freelancing?
Yes, freelancing is a full-fledged career.
8. What kind if scams are happening in freelancing industry?
There are many but in Pakistan most common is that where you have to invest your money to earn money. Let me make it very clear that Freelancing doesn’t require any kind of money investment. All you need is to invest your time.
9. How long have you been a freelancer?
It’s been 15 beautiful years of life.
10. What motivates you to teach freelancing to others?
Our growth as a Nation. Every single dollar earned through freelancing adds value to our foreign reserves.
11. A proper teaching or guidance is necessary to start freelancing or one can learn on their own?
Proper guidance in right direction is necessary I believe, as the best missile of the world is a failure without right direction. This is what I have struggled a lot with in my freelancing journey, mentorship saves you a lot of time and energy, it actually channelize your energies into the right direction.
12. What is the payment mechanism? Since PayPal is banned in Pakistan, how does freelancer collect their payments?
Through Payoneer, it’s safe and secure.
13. Do freelancers pay tax on their earnings?
Not in Pakistan, at the moment. For Pakistanis it’s a tax free industry.